Electric Vehicle Expo & Seminar
Join us for the Electric Vehicle Expo and Seminar at the Manningham Civic Centre and check out the range of electric vehicles from local dealerships. Get advice on the smart technology in our cars and how it all works.
Sunday October 27, 2024, from 10 to 4pm
Manningham Council Civic Centre MC2, Doncaster Road Doncaster-Car Park and Function Centre
Full details at https://futurevehicleexpo.com.au
Is now the right time to go electric?
With growing awareness of climate change, many people in the community are considering switching from petrol or/diesel to electric vehicles but may not understand the difference between the models available. Many people are also not sure of the new smart technologies in their cars of today.
The Electric Vehicle Expo and Seminar will showcase the range of different electric vehicles that are currently available and help people to make considered choices about the vehicle that will best meet their family and business needs.
Experts will also explain the new smart technologies in our cars and how they improve safety and our travel, along with what’s happening with driverless cars. Different ways to travel more sustainably will also be explored.
This will provide opportunities for us to support a worthwhile community event. It will also build the brand of Rotary in the Manningham community as being contemporary and relevant to our community needs.
Our aims are to:
- Promote the uptake of Electric Vehicles.
- Provide information to the Community about sustainable transport options.
- The role of Smart Technology in vehicles, where we are at with driverless cars, and how technology assists in improving safety and driving.
- Discuss where Australia fits into progress on these issues from a world-wide perspective.
- Discuss the issues we have at present and goals to expand the use of new technologies in reducing greenhouse gases. We will show off Electric Vehicles and new tech vehicles and have discussion seminars relating to history, what is needed to encourage more Electric Vehicles and new tech in vehicles, and all associated issues with electric vehicle charging and the possible change in service stations of the future.
Car show 10 am - 4pm
Many of the Doncaster Hill Car Companies will display their electric/ hybrid/hydrogen cars with members of the EV Council, Australian EV Association (AEVA), Members Shine and Show EVs and Tesla EV Owners also bringing their cars along. Range includes Jaguar, Mercedes, Audi, Hyundai, Porsche, YV Toyota, YV MG, Nissan, Mitsubishi and more.
Displays MC2 Carpark area
The seminar program, which will be held concurrently with the Expo, will provide additional information for the community about electric vehicles, and smart vehicle technology. The Seminar will run from 11am to 2.30pm, with 2 sessions 11am to 12.30pm and 1pm to 2.30pm. The seminar is free, but bookings must be made on https://www.trybooking.com/BTGXS . The program is being developed and will feature:
11am Brian Negus - MC, Ambassador ITS Australia, Formerly GM Public Policy RACV - Welcome and Introduction
11.05am The Mayor City of Manningham – Welcome, Council View & Initiatives regarding Sustainability.
11.15am - Electric Vehicle Technology and Charging, Chair Brian Negus
More to Come
2.30pm Seminar Summary and Close